Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th!

Well Jenna stayed at her boyfriend Bob’s house last night, so I had the house to myself. I had plans to wake up pretty early, since it was my first day off of work in a week, but I failed at that plan and ended up sleeping in until after noon. Even though I woke up late I still felt pretty accomplished; I did some laundry, cooked and ate lunch, watched How To Lose a Guy In 10 Days, got showered and dressed, and then went to Bob’s house for a cook out. It was my first time meeting his Dad and his brother Chris, who is home from the Air Force Academy until Friday. We all played Corn Hole (A game where you have to throw bean bags onto a platform with a hole in it. To score points the bag has to land on the platform for 1 point and if it goes in the hole its 3 points.) Then we watched some of Inglorious Bastards. The movie seemed really awesome, but they had more guests show up at the house so we ended up turning it off right before the bat scene :(.

The food there was pretty delicious; we ate shrimp and ribs, and had some really awesome sides. When the sun went down we all went out front to the cul-de-sac. Some of their neighbors came out and set off their MD approved ground fireworks. They were pretty, but it seemed like they had about 50 of the exact same firework going off. Luckily Bob and Chris road tripped to PA to buy some fireworks that are illegal in MD. The mortar fireworks they got are by far my favorites. I love how you can feel them when they shot off... and the fact that they are in the sky, huge, and awesome doesn't hurt either lol. All in all it was a really fun day. I’m really glad we went there. Next year his mom suggested we all go to DC to watch the fireworks. That should be a pretty awesome show to see. I hope you all had a great 4th too!

No comments:

Post a Comment